General Overview of BIPA
BIPA (Indonesian Language for Foreign Speakers) Program is one of the non-degree course in Faculty of Humanities, Udayana University
Making BIPA, Faculty of Humanities, Udayana University as a place of multicultural oriented education through an introduction to Indonesian language and culture for foreigners.
Improve relations between nations through teaching Indonesian for Foreign Speakers (BIPA).
- Facilitate services for everyone, especially for foreign students at Udayana University.
- Make it easier for foreigners to attend lectures at Udayana University or at other educational institutions in Indonesia, do research, or in the world of work.
- Providing a positive image and becoming a place to promote higher education (Udayana University) in the context of realizing a World Class University (WCU).
This program opens twice per year, from September to December and February to May.
The curriculum that is prepared and implemented is Competency-Based Curriculum. The curriculum material is divided into two, which are 90% Indonesian language teaching, and 10% culture-based.
The process of learning Indonesian listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills is carried out in small classes according to the student's level of ability, such as:
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
The number of students for each level ranges between 5-20 students.
Students from all walks of life are welcome.
- Overseas students who are going to enter Universities in Indonesia.
- Overseas students who are learning Indonesian in their home country, and seek experience learning it in Indonesia
- Expatriates living and working in Indonesia
- Business people with links to Indonesia
A placement test will be administered prior to the commencement of the class. It will ensure students to sit in appropriate class levels. The test will consist of a written test and a brief interview.
Instructors at BIPA are lectures of Udayana University holding university degree and teaching qualification. All instructors are either multi-lingual or bi-lingual speakers. All the instructors have experienced the process of foreign language learning, mainly English and/or Japanese.
CLASSES AT BIPA
Regular Course (group lessons) meets on Monday through Friday from 9.40 am to 11.00 am (first session) and from 11.20 am to 1 pm (second session). Twenty minutes break from 11.00 to 11.20 am.
Office: 3rd floor of Faculty of Humanities Building, Jalan P. Nias 13, Sanglah Denpasar,Bali